As a part of Kalasagaram Annual Youth Festival of Music, Kum. Lavanya Sundararaman presented an excellent carnatic vocal concert on 13th Feburary 2010. Sri R. Dinakar gave support on violin, Sri Burra Sriram on Mridangam, Smt. K. Radha Padmaja on morsing and Shri Ramakrishna on shruthi.
Photo Courtesy: ivrcl2 Picasa AlbumAbout the artist:
Lavanya hails from a family of musicians. Great grand daughter of Mridangam Maestro Late Palghat SriIyer T.S. Mani and also Gana Saraswathi Padma Vibhushan Late Smt. D.K. Pattammal. Grandfather Sri I. Sivakumar is a renowned musician; mother Smt. Gayathri Sundararaman is a well established vocalist. She is the niece of the famous Kalaimamani Dr. Nithyasree Mahadevan. She is very fortunate to have started carnatic vocal music from a very tender age from her illustrious great grand mother Smt. D.K. Pattammal. Her grandmother Smt. Lalitha Sivakumar is her mentor and is undergoing rigorous training under her in the nuances of carnatic music. Dr. Nithyasree Mahadevan is helping her in voice culture and her mother Smt. Gayathri Sundararaman is her driving force and also trains her. She took her initial bala padam from Sri Poorna Pragya Rao.
Kum. Lavanya won carnatic vocal music scholarship given by Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan Group of Schools from 2000 to 2006. She has won several prizes in music competitions conducted by many prestigious institutions such as Narada Gana Sabha , Mylapore Fine Arts, Music Academy, Chennai etc.,. She has given concerts not only in India but also abroad in countries like Sri Lanka, Canada, Singapore and Malaysia. She has presented thematic programmes such as Muthuswami Dikshitar Kritis, Subramanya Bharathirar Kritis, Oothukkadu Venkatasubbier Kritis, Papanasam Sivan Kritis, Muthaiah Bhagavathar Kritis etc. She was awarded the Title of 'Tamil Isai Kuyil' by Toronto Tamil Sangam. She has also sung in a few albums with Nithyasree Mahadevan and also in solo programmes. At present, she is doing her B. Music course in Queen Maris College, Chennai. A chip off the old block, Lavanya possesses a sweet voice and holds great promise for the future in the carnatic music realm.
My personal favorites from the concert are 'Manasa Etulorthune', 'Bharatha Samudayam Vazhgave' and the Krishna bhajan of Swathi Thirunal.
- Nee Daya Raada Neerajakshi (Varnam) - Andolika - Adi - GNB (Lyrics)
- Vinata Suta Vahana Shri Ramana - Jayantasena - Deshadi - Tyagaraja (Lyrics)
- Makelara Vicharamu - Ravi Chandrika - Deshadi - Tyagaraja (Lyrics)
- Manasa Etulorthune - Malayamarutham - Rupaka - Tyagaraja (Lyrics)
Alapana, Neravel and Swaras @ 'Kalilo Rajasa Taamasa Gunamulu Galavaari Chelimi'
- Kancha Dalaayataakshi Kaamakshi - Kamala Manohari - Adi - Muthuswami Dikshitar (Lyrics)
- Marakoti Sundari Manini - Bahudari - Adi - GNB (Lyrics)
- Eppadi Padinaro - Devagandhari - Adi - Suddhananda Bharati (Lyrics)
- Parvati Ninnu Ne Neranammithi - Kalgada - Adi - Shyama Shastri (Lyrics)
- Nenarunchinanu - Malavi - Adi - Tyagaraja (Lyrics)
- Innumum Sandhehappadalamo Isha - Keeravani - Chapu - Gopalakrishna Bharatiyaar (Lyrics)
Alapana, Neravel and Swaras @ 'Ponnambalam Tanil Tandavamadiya', Taniavarthanam
- Bharatha Samudayam Vazhgave - Adi - Subramania Bharatiyar (Lyrics*)
- Aye Girdhar Dware Mere Gori - Subha Panthuvarali - Adi - Swathi Tirunal (Lyrics**)
- Punkuyil Kuvum Punjcolaiyil Orunal - Todi - Adi - Kalki (Lyrics)
- Shanti Nilava Vendum - Tilang - Sethumadhava Rao - Adi (Lyrics)
- Nine Anatha Bandhu Karunya Sindhu - NadanamakriyA - Chapu - Purandara Dasa (Lyrics***)
- Bhavamana - Mangalam - Sourashtra - Adi - Thyagaraja
P: bhArata samudAyam vAzhgavE vAzhga vAzhga
bhArata samudAyam vAzhgavE jaya jaya jaya
A: muppadu kOTi janangaLin sanga muzhumaikkumpOdu uDamai
oppilAda samudAyam ulagattirkk-oru pudumai vAzhga
C1: manidar uNavai manidar parikkum vazhakkam ini uNDO
manidar nOha manidar pArkkum vAzhkkai iniyuNDO (nalmilanda)
2: iniya mozhigaL neDiya vayangaL eNNarum peru nADu
kaniyum kizhangum dhAnyangaLum kaNakkinrit-taru nADu idu
kaNakkinrit-taru nADu nitta nittam kanakkinrittaru nADu vAzhga
3: ini oru vidhi sheivOm adai enda nALum kAppOm
taniyoruvanukk-uNavillaiyenil jagattinai azhittiDuvOm vAzhga
4: ellA uyirgaLilum tAnE irukkirEn enruraittAn kaNNa perumAn
ellArum amara nilaiyeidu nan muraiyai indiyA ulagirkk-kaLikkum Am
indiA ulagairk-kaLikkum Am Am indiA ulagirk-kaLikkum vAzhga
5: ellArumOr kulam ellArumOr inam ellArum indiA makkaL
ellArumOr nirai ellArumOr vilai ellArum innATTu mannar nAm
ellArum innATTu mannar Am ellArum innATTu mannar vAzhga
** Lyrics from the cache copy of this page which is not accessible anymore.
P: AyE girdhar dvArE mErE gOrI
C1: amjan adhar lalAT mahAbar nayan unInde cal AyE
rayan samay prabhu chal bal karikE kaun tiyA ku birmAyE
2: bin guN mAl virAjat hiya mem drDha gal baiyA sukh pAyE
brajA nArI ku bancan karkE kaisE prItam sukh pAyE
3: sOlA singAr kari phUlan kE hAr liyE vividh sugandh sE man bhAyE
baiThI thI mO man kE sAthI kumud sarOvar kumhAlayE
4: sukh kE kAran dukh kE nivAran madhuvan murali dhun gAyE
padmanAbh prabhu phaNi parashAyI kOTi mAyan tan chavi chAvE
*** Lyrics from the cache copy of this page which is not accessible anymore.
P: nInE anAtha bandhu kAruNya sindhu
1: patigaiLiddarEnu satiya bhangakodagalilla
gati nInE mukundanendareativEgadi akSayavitte krSNa
2: matagajavella kUDidarEnu adara samayakodagalilla
madanayya madhusUdananendare mundindali bandodagide krSNa
3: shileya meTTi kulake tande baliya bEDi satpadaviyanitte
sulabadhi bhajisuva bhaktara salahuva celuva purandara viTTalarAya